Book Title: International Public Procurement: Innovation and Knowledge Sharing
Editors: Paul Davis and Khi V. Thai
This book was published by PrAcademics Press, Highland Beach, Florida, USA in 2015 International Public Procurement: Innovation and Knowledge Sharing (ISBN 0-9668864-8-8). Please contact the publisher if you wish to purchase a printed copy)
1. International Public Procurement: Innovation and Knowledge Sharing
Khi V. Thai
Part I. Innovation in Public Procurement Profession
2. Contract Management Innovation in Public Procurement: Costa Rica ́s Experience
I. Palaco, A. Avendaño and W. Nuñez
3. The Municipal Partnering Initiative: Mixed Contracting in Local Government Procurement
4. The Impact of Changing Patterns of Commercial Card Use by the U.S. Government on Governmental Efficiency and Cost Savings
R. Palmer, M. Gupta and N. Palmer
5. Defense Management Research Capacities and Topics: Blind Spots in Defense Acquisition Management
C. v. Deimling, A. H. Glas and M. Essig
6. Customers’ Preferences in Municipal Waste Services Procurement
A. Ancarani, C. D. Mauro, F. Mascali, and L. L. Marca
Part II. Public Procurement Transparency
7. Rationalising Public Procurement of Complex Construction Projects by the Price Component Selection
8. Pricing for Public Purchase: A Qualitative-Empirical Analysis of Public Procurement and Price Setting Practices
M. Georgi and S. Kemmeter
9. Procurement Conspiracies and Procurement Governance: Some Lessons from Thailand
10. Collaborative Public Procurement: A Comparative Review of the Indian Position with International Practices on Pooled Procurement from Competition Law Perspectives
11. Regulating the Pre-Procurement Phase: Context and Perspectives
W. A. Janssen
12. Construction Procurers’ Perceptions of Value for Money
W. J. Staples
PART III. Preferential Public Procurement
13.The Reform to EU Utilities Procurement: Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive?
14. Stages of Development towards Sustainable Public Procurement
15. Policy Implementation of Sustainable Public Procurement in China
C. Wang and X. Li
16. The Role of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in a Sustainable Public Procurement System
Book title: “Global Public Procurement: Theories and Practices”
(Editors: Khi V. Thai and Robin A. Suryo, 2016).
This book was published by Springer International Publishing AG, Cham, Switzerland in 2017 Global Public Procurement: Theories and Practices (ISBN 978-3-319-49279-7). Please contact the publisher if you wish to purchase a hard copy). Please note that chapters’ page numbers in this IPPC book are different from chapters’ page numbers in the book published by Spingler.
The 8th International Public Procurement Conference
Wednesday 8th – Friday 10th August, 2018
Public Procurement remains a key focus for policy makers in this time of global downturn and austerity. As such both academics and practitioners have a desire to share their research and practice in an open and transparent environment. The platform for academic discussion and practitioner engagement is provided by IPPC, which is one of the largest international public procurement conferences. Over the last 14 years, IPPC events have attracted participants from about 100 countries. The forthcoming Eighth International Public Procurement Conference (IPPC8) will take place in Arusha City in Tanzania from 8th to 10th 2018. This remarkable event will bring together about 1,000 delegates across the globe. For detailed information about IPPC8, please click here.
Best Paper Awards
There are three best paper awards, with US$2,000 for the 1st best paper, US$1,000 for the 2nd best paper, and US$500 for the 3rd best paper.